I’ve had Google Analytics running on my personal website for a long time. I’ve recently gone through the process of converting my site to use TLS (eg, HTTPS). As part of that process, I’ve had to think about what was on my site, and why.
I realized that I have no good reason to use Google Analytics on a personal website. I don’t really care where people are coming from, and many people who read my blog probably have an ad blocker installed anyway. I’m not trying to monetize it and analytics provide no meaningful feedback for my content. If you want to provide feedback to me, feel free to create an issue (link at the bottom of this blog), or reach out to me via email, social media, etc.
So, I’ve removed Google Analytics, and now I don’t have to see errors in my console related to my adblocker.